Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Arrrggghhh

So I am "patiently" waiting for AF to show.  It figures that the ONE time I really want her, she doesn't show.  I am leaving on vacation the 24th, so in order to try an IUI this month, I needed cycle day 1 to be today....otherwise I don't have time for the IUI before vacation.

I figured if I couldn't have an attempt this month, then the dr would want me on birth control pills to make sure that the ovaries stay clean and no friendly cysts appear.  When I spoke to a nurse, she was like "well, do you want a pill so your cycle will start?"  Umm, hello?  That would have been nice to know a week ago.  But then I started thinking...would I really want to try a cycle when my body wasn't actually ready?  To me, it seems like forcing a cycle upon my body wouldn't be good.  So in a way I was glad I didn't know about the option earlier.  At least I didn't have to make a decision.

I do need to call next week if AF hasn't shown.  Then I will at least get the bcp should it start on vacation (which would royally suck).

Can I tell you how glad I am that I expressed shipped the meds here from Europe and paid an additional $50 to make sure they were here?  Because right now they are sitting on my table mocking me.  Oh well.

Nothing else is new.  I did throw boring guy back into the pond.  I will let some other woman try him out.  He was very nice, but CHEAP.  I can put up with a lot, but cheap can't be overcome.   Besides, I was actually a bit freaked out that he didn't mind my whole baby quest.  How stupid is that?  I would be crushed if I really liked someone and he ran when I told him what I was doing, yet I run when some guys embraces it.  Hmmm.  If I saw a therapist they would have a field day with that one.  

I still feel very positive about the next try...lord knows my credit card needs a break.  My donor 2480 is expensive!  Maybe I should have visited the bar of desperation and tried the natural route....naaahhh.  I don't think I can spin that for when my child asks about their dad.  At least this shows how desperately I want that child. The other way just makes me look a bit too easy. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL - bar of desperation. keep your head up!