Sunday, July 13, 2008

Awkward!!!

So this has absolutely nothing to do with pregnancy.  But you remember boring guy?  The one I threw back into the pond????  Well, technically, I don't know whether "threw back" is the correct term.  I pretty much ended things how I normally do.  Avoidance.  I avoided his phone calls, emails and texts and just didn't contact him again.  

I was completely horrible and just stopped all contact.  I know.  How old am I?  Old enough to know better?  Yes, most definitely.  Old enough to care?  Not really.  I know it was rude and unforgivable.   I know all of these things. But still, oh well.  He doesn't live in my area of town, he definitely didn't like doing anything that I do, so, really, what did it matter if I was immature and rude???

Evidently, karma thought it mattered a lot.  I went to eat at a restaurant not 10 blocks from my house with my parents.  I walk in, look to the hostess and who do I see over her shoulder?  Boring guy.  With other people. Sitting at a table staring at me.  Now, mind you, I am far enough away to not be 100% certain that it is him.  But I know.  I am just not lucky enough to have it NOT be him.  So the hostess leads us to a table in a different section (thank you jesus).  As we sit down, my mom is like "do you know that guy?  he was staring at you".  I say "that is boring guy." So, of course, since I got my subtlety from my mom, she almost stands up trying to get a glimpse of him.  I am hissing at her to sit down, but she doesn't care. She just wants to check him out and see who I have been talking about.

My dad, bless him, had not a clue about what was happening.  He was just focused on a picture of spinach artichoke dip.  But I managed to ignore the tingling at the back of my neck and dine with my parents.  Later, Mom looks over my shoulder and tells me that he is leaving and is glancing over my way.  Another thank you jesus moment because my back is to the door.  

See, this is probably a good example of why I should try to end these dates on a good note.  This town is, evidently, not big enough to NOT run into people again.  Although, I have not run into my ex.  Hmm.  That hardly seems fair.  I can run into the guy that I treated a smidge poorly but can't run into the guy who devastated my life?  Because I have it all planned out for how I am going to act should that day ever happen.  And I will be fabulous and brilliant and gorgeous.  Again, soooooo not fair.  Ah well.

Let's see.  What other interesting tidbits do I have?  I was out last night (date, you ask?  Answer: not sure, but it was fun).  Anyway, it came time to give myself the shot.  I had a little bag around with needles, the 2 vials of meds and the 1 vial of saline since I had HOPED I would be out fairly late.  Guess where I got to shoot up at?   In a bathroom?  Naah, too easy.  I shot up in my car.  Talk about a bit uncomfortable.  And I think I missed the circle of life (as I like to call the target area) and went a bit too south.  I bled like crazy...which worked out well because I was in my car.  I couldn't see what was happening or where it was happening.  I got blood all over my shorts.  Mental note to self:  try to avoid this situation in the future.  That, or get a big mirror to keep in there.


No comments: