Sunday, July 20, 2008

Here we go

I have been shooting up for about 10 days now.  I went in for an ultrasound & blood work on Thursday.  She says my lining is "not good".  Which is crap.  I have never had an issue with my lining.  Then she goes on to say that I have 3 decent follicles/eggs in my left ovary and about 5 or 6 in my right.  Which is even bigger crap since I don't have a tube on the right side.  I mean, seriously, how sucky is this?  But it is me this is happening to, so I guess it is par for the course. (poor poor me... :) )

So I am told to start taking baby aspirin to help with the lining - no big deal.  I go in for another ultrasound on Saturday.  I was told the lining is "coming along".  No egg counting this time, but oh well.  Then they said the dr was concerned with my LH level in my blood and I had to go in for a blood draw on Sunday morning.  

Here is the really horrible part.  I had to set my alarm clock on Saturday AND Sunday.  And I was even out late both nights.  I mean really, there should be some sort of rule that if you must get up before 6:00 a.m. on a weekend, you get some sort of good karma or "credit" someplace.  Ahhh, if only I ran the world, people.  Whoops, got side tracked.

So, LH level questionable and another blood draw.  I get a call today and evidently the level must be fine, because I am to give myself the trigger shot today at 10:00 and go in for an IUI on Tuesday.  And here is a sign from god:  Tuesday is also the Dave Matthews Band concert.  Dave Matthews always takes me to my "happy place."  When I see him doing his little "dance" while playing and singing, I just have to give a happy little sigh.  Back when I was in college, I went to one of his concerts.  Our seats were first row, right by the steps the enter/exit they stage from.  Horrible seats for a show, but the good part is coming.  So, after they are done with their set, they are leaving the stage.  Me, being the fanatic that I am, am waving at Dave (not flashing any body parts, though) professing my love.  He points at me and says to my friend "I want her to have my babies."  Which I would be very happy to do, but he didn't let me know where he was staying.  Oh, to get so close and have it all yanked away.  What?  You don't believe me?  Hmph.  Well, you weren't there, so how could you know?  My friends will back me up on this. :)

Ok, so where was I going with this?  Oh yes, it is a sign.  Actually, I don't know how I feel about this cycle.  There just seem to be so many things that didn't go as they should: my lining, my LH (whatever that is), my diet.  It is completely asinine when I am spending this much money on a cycle for me to not prepare as best I can, but I just couldn't.  I had a couple glasses of wine.  I didn't drink as much water as I should have.  I really didn't obsess about this cycle at all.  I guess we will see how that worked for me.

I leave on vacation Thursday morning and am SO looking forward to it.  6 days spent lazing around water, using progesterone suppositories, surrounded by family and chasing after my niece and nephew.  I think I have some xanex that I may take and give to the kids on the sly to calm them down.  I have a feeling they are going to be a bit on the wild side.

No comments: