Thursday, September 25, 2008

Almost there

Only 2 more days.  2 more days before I find out if my IVF worked or not.  It has been a bit since I posted.  Did I mention I got a bladder infection from the transfer??  Ummm, evidently it isn't a good idea to get your bladder full to the bursting point then be afraid to pee very much.  I was on bed rest except for potty breaks.  Well, to me, that means "pee as little as possible". So I tried not to drink much and then made quick work whenever I couldn't hold it any longer.

Evidently that is a bad plan.  But I went in for a "culture" on Monday and they called in some pills for me.  I found out that a lot of the time if you chart your temp after IVF, you will see a constant low grade fever.  That sounds almost obsessive enough for me to really enjoy.  But I didn't know about it in time.  And it wouldn't have mattered much as I most likely have a fever from the infection.

I am feeling a few twinges and have felt warm...but that could be due completely to the infection.  Who knows. I am trying not to drive myself crazy with this.  

What else to share?  Have finally broken down and am going to lunch with boring guy (remember the one I threw back but then he somehow washed ashore again?).  He has been emailing me pretty much daily.  I bet he has had bad luck with the ladies.  I mean, I am great and all, but great enough to email me every day even though I told him I didn't want to date???Doubtful.  Maybe he has realized the error of his cheap ways.  Doesn't matter - I don't think you can change cheap.

I am currently working on a younger man - 30 to my 38 (jesus that is old).  At first, I thought it would be kinda cool to be a "cougar" but that almost sounds pathetic...like I am desperate.  And while I am getting slightly desperate for sex, this whole pregnant or not thing the last couple weeks has messed with my plan.  If I am pregnant, no sex for me.  I remember when I was married, my beloved dr hottie told me that sex would more than likely cause me to spot.  Like I need that extra stress...not even for the most fabulous sex would I chance that.  Wait.  If I could guarantee there would be no issues with the baby/pregnancy, I would give it up for certain people.  Gerard Butler, my beloved-dead-too-soon-Denny (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), Dave Matthews, a skinny Rob Thomas (not so much the chubby version). Oh and Jim Esch.  That politician is yummy.

I need to stop that list.  What was my point? I think I was going to talk about my new interest, but I got distracted and now I don't recall exactly where I was going.  I think I am going to end it on that note.

I will be sure to tell all 2 readers (Hi Herpersmama!!) just what I find out on Saturday.  Keep me in your prayers!!

No comments: