Sunday, April 12, 2009

This and That

Today is Easter.  Went to church with the fam.  The pastor is very nice, but I think he can get a bit too fire and brimstone-y for me.  Oh well.  My brother and his wife came home yesterday...we hung out and the parents and played Wii then went up to a bar in MV.  We should have just stayed at the P's.  We have so much fun just hanging out.  Even before Ben & Claire came along, we always enjoyed each others company.  We can sit around and just have fun.

I can't even think of one particular thing that happened that was so fun....it just was.  It is usually after these times that I realize just how lucky I am.  The pastor, during his sermon, asked what the number one thing in our life was -- what was the foundation, the cornerstone, we built our life around.  Well, he wanted us to say Jesus.  But my immediate response was "family".  My family has shaped/molded/tormented me into the person I am today...good and bad.  And I am so very blessed.  Mom and I were talking later today and I told her that I didn't put Jesus first...I put family.  I was expecting a bit of a disappointed look or maybe just a sigh.  But she turned to me with a gleam in her eye and said "me too".  It was cute.

I feel badly for Mom today.  She has two cats, Max and Leo.  Max (aka Maxwell P Smart) was a rescue from the farm.  A big, beautiful gray tuxedo cat with a sweet, sweet personality....until my Murray came around and then Max was a bad ASS.  He tormented my Murray something fierce.  But I didn't hold it against Max cuz he was just such a chicken any other time.  Poor Max passed away this weekend.  Mom had made a comment last week that Max had lost weight. I asked if she was going to take him to the vet and she wasn't sure.  Yesterday morning, Mom said Max was pretty much incapacitated.  He was just laying by his water dish, breathing fast and shallow.  She was pretty upset...lots of crying.  Last night, at my parents, I went down and sat with Max for a bit.  I was petting him, saying what a good boy he was.  He would lift his head and look at me a bit blindly...his eyes just didn't seem to connect.  It was sooo sad.  He was gone this morning.  Mom called the vet yesterday to get him in and they said no.  Can you believe it? They said they were just too full.  It made me so mad.  This is the only vet in town...I will never take my Murray there. I don't care if Murray has to ride in a car 40 minutes...he will never see this vet.

Oh! I had a "date" Thursday night.  He was fine.  I would go again, but I just don't see much future.  And boring guy (aka carhart guy) found me online.  Seriously.  That makes 4 guys I know that have found me that I didn't WANT to find me.  I think it is a sign.  Stupid J - even after all the drama I still miss him.  Or that fabulous 8% body fat body.  

There are a few guys I am probably going to meet up with.  But not the 58 year old guys.  I mean, really. 58?  If I could guarantee he was Mr. Richie Rich and I would be his pampered trophy wife who wanted for nothing (and I got to have a kid), I would say "sign me up now!!".  But wait -- 58 is a 20 year difference.  Can't I find a Mr. Richie Rich who is only 42?  Because that would be ideal....except for the fact that HIS ideal trophy wife would most likely be in her 20's.  Hmmm.  I think I am going to need to think this through more thoroughly.

Stay tuned.  I have decided to create a "things to do before I am 40" list and a "suck-it" list (things I don't see the point in).  I am sure they will both be fabulous.

No comments: