Sunday, April 5, 2009

Matches

So I decided to jump back into the dating world.  Enlisted all my friends to think about any possible singles for me and joined an online dating service.  Good lord - it was like they all smelled fresh meat.  I have received a fair number of emails this first weekend.  I can't even answer them all because as soon as I get some sent out, new ones come in.  Good problem to have, I guess, but most don't seem too promising.

The main reason they aren't promising?  Age.  These guys are old!  Granted, I am in my late 30's, but still.  I look like I could pass for early 30's, but most of these look like they have lived a hard life!!  I don't care about hair/bald or even physique...a bit of chub doesn't bother me.  But their faces!  Saggy, wrinkly and old!!! Maybe they don't take the best pictures...god knows, I don't.  But couldn't they find some that don't look like mug shots?  And then there are the ones who obviously throw some ANCIENT pictures on there.  Trying to be sneaky?  Trying to show they used to be better looking than what they are??  I don't know, but that is annoying.  

But there was one guy who used secret-agent techniques to send me his photos.  He set up a gmail account, emailed his pictures to that and then emailed me the login and password.  Can you hear the song 'secret agent man, secret agent man' playing??? I could.  He was fine - but he included a picture of himself in front of a hummer.  Really??  And made sure to subtly say he saw "patients"...ok - you're a doctor.  Big whoop.  Oh well - we will play this out and see how it goes.  But these guys are forward! One asked me out for last night and others asked if I wanted to go to the Iowa or Iowa State or Nebraska spring football games. Really.

On to other topics.  Did I tell you Murray needs to have meds each day?  It is a topical solution I need to put in his ears.  And it is bad for humans, because I have a little finger condom I need to put on in order to give it.  It looks like a little Howard the Duck condom, if you recall that very old, very obscure movie.  I think I was a freshman when I saw that. Yikes.

What else?  My beloved Dr. Hottie said he wrestled with setting me up with one of his friends, but he didn't know how ethical it was.  At the time, I was seeing J, so I said no.  Now, I wish I had said yes.  I need to get a mamagram (sp?) sometime in the next year and they gave me literature on it, but I forgot it.  I think that could be my in -- I will call and talk to the nurse who works with Dr. Hottie and let her know I am up for it.  But wouldn't it be kinda weird for the guy?  Having your best friend already intimately acquainted with the girl's "parts"?  Or maybe that is just me....

Off to clean the house and respond to the emails.  I guess, at least I have lots.  How would my self-esteem be if I had none??

No comments: