Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Plan

So, I had decided to do one more IUI.  I don't like making quick decisions on major life events - I like to mull things over for awhile.  And this is a pretty big decision.  I called the dr and gave them my decision and the nurse said to come in for an ultrasound when my period truly starts.  We also are talking about my donor.  I had bought the last unit in stock with my procedure in July and the nurse couldn't say whether the dr would order anymore before I would need it.  So now I need to figure out a new baby daddy.  Blach.

I go to the dr for an ultrasound and what shows up?  My super friendly cyst in my left ovary.  Which is just fan-freaking-tastic as I can only O out of my left ovary.  And the nurse said it is "huge". So I am to go on BCP for a month then I can have another procedure. I am talking to the dr after this and I asked if I was at a higher risk of tubal now or if my left tube looked good. She said the tube looked great and she wouldn't even consider doing IUI if it didn't.  I was telling her that I was "terrified" of IVF.  She said that IVF is a lot less stress, a lot easier and just "better" than IUI.  She said she would do an IUI, but IVF seemed would be easier.

So I am going to do IVF in September. I know - holy crap, right? So I called the office to tell them I wanted IVF and to see what the plan was.  I figured out how many vials of meds I needed to order and the nurse said the lab was going to order more units of my baby daddy...cuz I really didn't want to try and figure a new one out.  This one makes me happy and I need to stick with what does.  I do need to call the office 3 days before my period just to confirm they have ordered my guy.

I will be doubling up on my meds.  One shot in the am with 2 vials and another shot of 2 vials in the pm.  I have no idea how retrieval works, how the "replacement" works, how many they will use, what the cost of freezing the eggs/embrios is....there are a lot of things I don't know.  But I will figure it out when I need to, I guess.

What else is happening in my life?  Not much.  Going out, working in my yard and trying to maintain my gorgeous tan from vacation.  Oh yeah, and trying to win the lottery.

No comments: