Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Update

I will go in tomorrow morning for my pre-op appointment.  I am hoping they say the cysts have disappeared thanks to the super-duper, heavy duty birth control pills.  Of course, I don't expect that to happen, but a girl can dream.

This surgery thing is for the birds. I can't eat after midnight and don't go to the hospital until 11:30.  Ummm, hello.  I must have my oj in the a.m. or am a major crab-apple.  Those poor nurses...dealing with a hungry, thirsty bitchy woman.  Not a pleasant experience. And I won't be able to wear any makeup or do my hair.  Now, I am not a frou-frou girl who needs a lot of makeup and spends hours getting her hair ready.  But I am a 37 year old woman who honestly does look better with makeup than without. And my hair is in this in-between length that can't be put in a ponytail.  I decided to be crazy last spring and cut off about 9 inches to a short little Mia Farrow type cut....which I enjoyed for about a month then felt a little too masculine.  It is almost at a chin length bob now (thank goodness).

Oh well.  I need to have someone with me for 24 hours after surgery, so I am going to go home with Mom and stay at my parents' house.  Mom will be working the next day, so my dad is going to watch me on Friday. Which is very interesting, as my dad will most likely sit in his chair and ask me what I am going to make him for lunch. :)  Love my dad, but he is not so much a nurturer.  He would much rather be taken care of than do the taking care of. :)

Have I mentioned what exactly is going to happen for this surgery?  It is done laproscopically (spelling???) where they make small incisions along my abdomen and fill up my chest cavity with air (why, you ask?  I have absolutely no idea).  Anyway, it is all done via small incisions in my stomach.  I guess the worst parts are dealing with the side-effects of the anesthesia and the air stuff.  Evidently my shoulders will be very sore because the air settles there...which makes no sense to me.  

Whatever, I have already told my family not to fight over my stuff if I should die. :)

No comments: