Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Dating


Dating sucks.  Of course, I haven't actually been on a date for a while (ok something like 6 months), but just finding someone to go on a date with sucks.  I will admit to being particularly picky.  But am I wrong for wanting someone I find attractive? I don't need Albert Reed attractive, more like Andy from SNL attractive.  But where does a woman find someone?  My friends don't know people, work boys are a no no and I am sooooo far past the bar scene.

I thought this would be a good time to try, at least.  No baby-making procedures for this month, so why not try.  I am doing an on-line dating service and there is one guy I am emailing.  But my problem is that I don't like short guys...and there are just a crap load of guys under 5'8" on this site.  I probably need to get past my desire for a taller guy, but why?  I don't need a man.  I don't have to find some man to complete me.  I don't need anyone else.  I would like to find someone, but I won't be devastated if I don't.  And that is why I won't compromise on what I want.  If I don't want to email some guy who is 5'5", I don't need to.

Lord, do I sound like I am trying to convince myself?  I actually do feel guilty for choosing not to email someone because they are 5'5".   But oh well. I will get over it.

No comments: