Sunday, November 25, 2007

Seriously??

So I got to learn how to give myself a shot last week.  I went to Dr. D's office for a class....with 20 other COUPLES.  Yes, kids, I was the only single person there.  I know I am doing this on my own and realize this is the first of many experiences where most other women have partners, but damn.  I felt so out of place.  But I made it through.  I told the instructor I was doing the shots on my own and how would that work....and another woman sitting by me said that she didn't trust her husband and was giving them to herself too.  I am pretty sure I have seen this same girl at the horrific blood drawing event and then at the office a different day.  She is this cute, bubbly blonde with an attractive husband who looks like a nice guy.  I want to befriend them and see if they have any cute single friends. :)

It would be nice to find someone else who is on a pregnancy quest.  Not just a single woman, but just someone else who is experiencing some of the same things.

So, I go through the steps of learning how to inject myself.  While I was sitting there, I wondered about drug addicts.  How do they figure out how to inject themselves?   Trial and error?  Do they have some druggie teacher who shows the best way to shoot up?

I was supposed to call the office with the first day of my cycle.  Of course, my period just couldn't start...there was spotting on Wednesday and Thursday.  Then I woke up in the middle of the night Wednesday night with bad cramps.  Great, I thought, my period is starting. So I called the office on Friday and went in for an ultrasound.  I was so excited because my plan was moving along....I was going to start the shots and have an IUI in early December.  But no - why should anything go smoothly?

I have a cyst on my ovary and Dr. D won't proceed with anything until the cyst is gone.   Guess how they work to remove the cyst?  By putting me on birth control pills.  So I need to delay the process for a month while we try to get the cyst to go away.  This sucks.  So they gave me a month of pills and drew some blood.  Birth control pills don't do well with my body.  I get nauseous horribly.  I tried taking the pill first thing in the morning and felt terrible all day.  So tonight I am going to take the pill before I go to bed and hope that helps.

But the whole thing just sucks.  I understand them not wanting to do anything with the cyst as that can inhibit any implantation.  But I wonder if my beloved Dr. B missed it before.  Should I have skipped him and gone to Dr. D immediately?  Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  I just need to deal with what I have now and not dwell on what might have been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Albert Reed...